Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese Stuffing

I bought some dried dates the other day when I went grocery shopping. I also bought bacon since prosciutto wasn't available (or maybe I did not look hard enough...lol). They are both perfect for the dish I was thinking. I had these a while back but haven't made it since because I was having a hard time finding date. Funny that I found some when I wasn't even looking for them.

This dish is really good. so good, in fact, that you won't be able to stop at your first piece and will keep reaching for them over and over. The taste is a combination between sweet (dates) and salty (bacon). when you bite into them, the taste explodes in your mouth...really yummy

Dates came from date palm which is cultivated for the sweet fruit that it produces. They grow mostly in the middle eastern countries such as United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Pakistan, Sudan, Oman and Libya.


Ingredients:

20 dried dates
goat cheese
10 bacons, cut in half


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take a date and make a long slit on one side to make it easier to stuff.
3. Stuff date with goat cheese then wrap in bacon and secure with toothpick. Do the same with the rest until you're done.



4. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown then turn over and bake the other side for another 7-10 miutes or until golden brown. Make sure you keep an eye on it and check frequently to prevent burning.
5. Remove form the oven and place in paper towel-lined platter to drain excess fat.
6. Transfer to a serving platter and serve. NOTE: Be careful when you handle and eat them as they may be too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment