Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apple and Raspberry Smoothie

This was part of my very fruity breakfast today. Hmmm...2 more and I would reach my 5 fruits a day quota...hahaha. THis is a nice refreshing drink albiet needs a little bit more work than my usual shake recipe. I had to strain myapple raspberry mixture after I pureed them to get rid of the raspberry seeds and apple skin. The resulting mixture looks like an apple-raspberry sauce. I had to rinse my blender before I returned the strain mixture and finish the shake. The overall taste and outcome though was quiet nice. The shake might be a little too early for breakfast but who cares? certainly not I...hehehe...besides I really needed it since it was already too warm outside by the time I went out. This is the only way that I would be able to "drink" my juice since I am not a big juice drinker :)



Ingredients:

1 apple, cored and chopped roughly
1/2 cup raspberrries
sugar according to taste
100 ml water
ice cubes

1. Place chopped apple and raspberry in a blender.
2.Add about 50 ml water and puree.
3. Strain mixture in a bowl and rinse blender. Discard what is left on the strainer.
4. Return apple raspberry mixture to the blender.
5. Add sugar ( according to desired sweetness) and the rest of the water and blend until sugar is dissolved.
6. Add crushed ice and blend until smooth.
7 Adjust sweetness , if needed
8. Transfer to glass and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Long and thin, the Best Buy Hand Blender does not incorporate a container for blending liquids or food. Rather, a user has to hold it by hand before placing it into the drink or food getting blended. This device features rotating blades at the shaft-end.

    Immersion blenders are essential for whipping, pureeing or chopping liquids and foods in separate containers in order to cook, simmer or mix them. They help in preparing milkshakes, smoothies and associated powdered drinks. These blenders do not have the wattage exhibited by countertop blenders and cannot thus perform ice-chopping, mixing and pureeing functions.

    Blenders of immersion kind are superb machines for mixing different types of food in addition to liquids which do not require large amounts of heavy ingredients to blend together. Finding superb appliances for use in the kitchen area could prove to be a daunting task. It is thus helpful to know several important tips to assist in making the right purchasing decision.

    ReplyDelete