Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apple and Raspberry Smoothie

This was part of my very fruity breakfast today. Hmmm...2 more and I would reach my 5 fruits a day quota...hahaha. THis is a nice refreshing drink albiet needs a little bit more work than my usual shake recipe. I had to strain myapple raspberry mixture after I pureed them to get rid of the raspberry seeds and apple skin. The resulting mixture looks like an apple-raspberry sauce. I had to rinse my blender before I returned the strain mixture and finish the shake. The overall taste and outcome though was quiet nice. The shake might be a little too early for breakfast but who cares? certainly not I...hehehe...besides I really needed it since it was already too warm outside by the time I went out. This is the only way that I would be able to "drink" my juice since I am not a big juice drinker :)



Ingredients:

1 apple, cored and chopped roughly
1/2 cup raspberrries
sugar according to taste
100 ml water
ice cubes

1. Place chopped apple and raspberry in a blender.
2.Add about 50 ml water and puree.
3. Strain mixture in a bowl and rinse blender. Discard what is left on the strainer.
4. Return apple raspberry mixture to the blender.
5. Add sugar ( according to desired sweetness) and the rest of the water and blend until sugar is dissolved.
6. Add crushed ice and blend until smooth.
7 Adjust sweetness , if needed
8. Transfer to glass and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment