Thursday, March 25, 2010
Spicy Tuna Kimbab ( Korean Sushi)
2 cups cooked rice
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
3-4 yellow pickle radish sticks (danmu ji)
3-4 imitation crab stick
1/4 cup julienned carrots
1 can tuna, drained
1 tsp kochukaru ( korean red pepper flakes)
1 tsp korean soy sauce
3-4 laver/ seaweed ( kim)
1. In a bowl, mix rice , rice vinegar and sesame oil. Mix well and set aside
2. heat sesame oil in a pan then saute tuna. Add kochukaru and soy sauce. Mix well . remove from fire.
3. to assemble:
-lay sushi mat in a flat surface. Place laver on top.
- spread rice on the laver, leaving about 1 1/2 inches space on each end.
- place pickle radish, carrots, tuna, and imitation crab
- to roll tightly then slice into 1 inch pieces.
*** make sure to wipe knife with wet paper towel in between slicing the kimbab , makes slicing much easier.
*** you can actually substitute tuna with any meat or filling of your choice.