Friday, March 19, 2010
Ojinguh bokkeum ( spicy Stir fried squid)
1 large ( about 1 Lb) squid
2 Tbsp Kochukaru ( korean crushed red pepper flakes)
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp kamjang ( korean soy sauce)
1 carrot , slice thinly and diagonally
3 scallions, cut about 2 inches long
1 korean pepper , slice thinly
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1. clean squid, discard intestines and eyes, slice into thin strips ( including the tentacles)
2. In a bowl, combine sesame oil,kochukaru, kamjang, sugar and garlic. Mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onions, carrots , scallions and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add squid and the kamjang mixture. Mix welland continue stir frying for about 5 minutes or until squid is done . Do not overcook squid because it will become tough.
5. remove from heat and serve