Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Dooboo Kimchii ( Sauteed Kimchi with Tofu)
1 Pkg. tofu
2 cups kimchi, roughly chopped
1/2 cups pork , very thinly sliced
1 tsp kochukaru ( korean chili pepper flakes)
1 tsp korean soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 small onion, sliced thinly
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
1. bring a pot of water to a boil ( pot should be big enough to accomodate a whole block of tofu)
2. Boil tofu for about 5 minutes, remove from heat and drain well. slice into 1/2 inch thickness
3. In a saucepan, heat sesame oil and saute onions then add pork and saute until cooked
4. Add kimchi ( I usually add a little kimchi juice) , soy sauce, kochukaru and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated ( about 5 minutes)
5. Arrange kimchi in the center of a platter and place the sliced tofu around it.
6. Garnish with chopped scallions.