Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Bindaetteok ( Mung Bean Pancake)
2 cups mung beans ( buy the kind that is already split and w/out the skin)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 scallions, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 cup kimchi, sliced thinly
2 cups bean sprouts, chopped
1 cup pork, thinly sliced - may be omitted if you want
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 cup kosari ( dried fernbrake), soaked for 30 minutes to soften then chopped
1. soak mung beans in cold water overnight
2. after soaking , drain and rinse in cold water then grind in the food processor . ratio should be 2 parts mung beans to 1 part water.
3. mix garlic, scallions, salt, kimchi, bean sprouts, pork, sesame seeds, kosari and sesame oil.
4. add to the mung bean batter and mix well.
5. heat oil in frying pan and fry the pancake until light golden brown or until done.
DIP: combine vinegar, korean soy sauce, finely chopped scallions, finely chopped garlic and a little sugar. Mix well