2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 cups powdered full cream milk
1 cup refined sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
pinch of salt
1. put flour in a shallow saucepan and toast over low to medium low heat. Stir continously to prevent burning. NOTE: to check if flour is cooked, take a small pinch and put on your tongue, the flour should dissolve easily and doesn't have the raw , floury taste.
2. In a separate container, sift together milk, sugar and salt.
3. Continue toasting the flour until it turns golden brown.
4. Add milk, sugar and salt to the flour. Mix well .
5. Make a well in the center and pour melted butter.
6. mix the flour mixture to the melted butter, making sure that it is well incorporated.
7. take out from fire and put on a flat dish. Let it cool.
8. Using a polvoron mold, press polvoron on the mold firmly.
9. stack in a container and refrigerate ( or freeze) for a few hours or until it becomes firm. (makes it easy to wrap and prevents the molded polvoron from disintegrating )
10. take out from the refrigerator and wrap in a cellophane wrapper.
VARIATION: to make chocolate polvoron, add 4 tsp of cocoa powder to the special polvoron recipe.