1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking pan.
2. melt butter over low heat or in microwave.
3. Add brown sugar and egg, mix well.
4. Add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. mix thoroughly. batter will be very thick.
5. place in baking pan, spread evenly.
6. Bake for about 20 mins or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
Variation: You can add peanuts ( or any kind of nuts) or chocolate chips, if desired.