10 dried anchovies ( guts removed)
1/4 cup dried shitake mushroom
1/2 sheet dried kelp
1 small onion, sliced
50 grms pork, thinly sliced
5-6 shrimps, shelled
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch size ginger, minced
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Kanari ( korean fish sauce)
1/2 tsp kochukaru ( korean pepper flakes)
1 tsp vegetable oil
ground black pepper to taste
3 scallions , sliced about 3 inches in length
1 small carrot, julienned
5 pieces napa cabbage, sliced
1. In a pan, combine 8 cups water, anchovies, kelp, dried shitake mushroom and onion. Bring to a boil on medium low heat for about 20-30 minutes. then set aside.
2. Mix Kochukaru and 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In another pan, bring water to boil and add noodle. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until noodle is done **. Then drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
** noodle should have chewy texture
4. Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and ginger until light brown.
5. Add pork strips and cook until pork is slightly cooked.
6. Add veggies ( except enoki mushroom) and stir fry for a few minutes.
7. Add kochukaru mixture and seafood. mix well.
8. Add soup stock ( Make sure you strain it to remove kelp, anchovies, etc) and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
9. add kanari, oyster sauce and ground black pepper ( to taste) Add Enoki mushroom just before removing from heat
10. Put noodle in a large bowl and add soup mixture. Serve.
*** you can add as much or as little kochukaru as you want depending on how spicy you want it to be.