Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Donkatsu ( Breaded Pork Chop)
4 boneless pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
panko ( japanese breadcrumbs)
oil for frying
1. pound pork chops using a rolling pin into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thickness
2. add salt and pepper to flour and mix well.
3. dredge each pork chops in flour, coat well.
4. then dip it in egg and then cover with panko .
5. heat oil in a pan over medium heat. fry each breaded pork chop until golden brown. Keep an eye to make sure it doesn't burn.
6. transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil.
7. serve with donkatsu sauce ( I use store bought donkatsu sauce) . Serve with shredded cabbage and rice.
*** Donkatsu is originally a Japanese dish but is popular in Korea.