Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thai-style Rare Beef and Mango Salad

I made this dish a few months ago but was too lazy to take pictures and post the recipe. Today I had another opportunity to make this wonderful dish again and it is as lovely as I remembered it. The sweetness of the mango goes well with the taste of the soysauce-olive oil marinade that was used for the beef. The only problem with this dish is that I made too much but could not stop eating...hehehe. This dish is based on a recipe in Jenny White's Three Ingredients Cookbook.


Ingredients:

1 lb sirloin (I used t-bone since that is only one that I had)
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 mangoes, pitted and sliced thinly
3 Tbsp extra virging olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper


1.In a shallow dish, mix soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic. Add beef and coat both sides with marinade well. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

NOTE: The recipe calls for garlic-infused olive oil which I did not have so I just used garlic and added it to the marinade

2. Heat griddle pan until very hot. Grill steak for 3-4 minutes on each side.
NOTE: I used my trusted Calphalon iron griddle pan


3. Remove steak from heat and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.

4. Pour marinade into the pan and simmer for a few seconds. Remove from heat and strain to remove garlic pieces.

5. Slice steak thinly.

6. In a serving dish, arrange steak and mango and drizzle with pan juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment