I have been wanting to create this dish but got sidetracked several times with my discovery of the no-knead bread recipes. Finally had a chance to make it last night. It was pretty good in my opinion especially since it was on the spicy side...just the way I like my food to taste.
8 oz Angel Hair Pasta
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup black pork belly, thinly sliced
* you can use regular pork belly if you like. As for me, I just love
the taste of black pork.
1 tsp Gochujang
1 small onion, chopped
1 Korean pepper, sliced diagonally and thinly
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 medium tomato, finely diced
2 scallions, sliced diagonally and thinly
2 small green bell pepper, sliced thinly
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. Cook pasta according to direction. Drain and set aside.
NOTE: Don't forget to add salt and oil on the boiling water.
Don't forget to save some pasta water.
2. Heat olive oil in sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add Tomato and continue to saute.
4. Add pork and cook until it turns brownish in color.
5. Add kimchi and gochujang. Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Add cream and milk. Lower the heat to medium low andcook until the sauce thickens slightly.
7. Add green bell pepper, korean pepper, red pepper flakes, and green bell pepper. Mix well.
8. Add pasta and mix.
9. Remove from heat and serve.