I have been on a pasta roll and this recipe is my third pasta dish this week. Ha! The sauce on this one is based on a Pinoy-style curry recipe which uses coconut milk. This one's spicy...
1/2 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/2 lb linguine fini
1/2 cup carrots, cut thinly
1/2 cup potato, cut thinly
1/4 cup bell pepper, cut thinly
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 small shallot, sliced finely
2 clives garlice, minced finely
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Cook linguine fini according to direction. When done, remove from heat and drain.
NOTE: Don't forget to save some of the pasta water.
2. Heat sauce pan to medium heat. Add oil.
3. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
4. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns orange in color.
5. Add about 1/2 to 1 cup of pasta water, simmer then add the potato. Cook until potato is tender.
6. Add the carrots, bell pepper,coconut milk, curry powder, and turmeric powder. Simmer until veggies are cooked.
7. Add pasta and mix well.
8. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
9. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.