I have been on the roll(ha ha ha...pun intended) with baking these past few days. This is all thanks to the No-Knead Dough which allows me to make freshly baked breads without all the hard work. This time I filled the dough with sauteed corned beef and then bake it. Ah, I love the smell that permeates the whole house when the bread was done.
No-Knead Dough (recipe here)
Egg Wash :
Egg yolk mixed with 1/2 tsp water
1 can corned beef
1 small onion, finely diced
oil for sauteeing
1. Take out the prepared dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured work surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for about 20-30 minutes.
2. Heat pan to medium heat. Add Oil and then sauteed the onion until transluscent. Add corned beef and sautee for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from hear and let it cool.
3. To assemble, pinch a golf ball sized dough and flatten to about an inch thick oblong shape. Place about 1 Tbsp of filling and roll. Make sure you seal the sedges to prevent your filling from oozing out.
4. After you have finished filling the dough, cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rest for an hour. By the end of 1 hour, the size should have doubled.
5. 20 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 350F.
6. Brush the top of the crescents with egg wash prior to baking.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Remove and let it cool on the wire rack.