Summer + warm California weather + cooking = too darn hot temperature inside the house.
This is exactly what happened while I was cooking my sardine pasta yesterday. Since I had zest-less lemons (I used the zest for the pasta recipe), I thought of making frozen lemonade. It definitely hit the spot...cool and refreshing... and a fraction of the price of frozen lemonade sold at the resto that I get it from.
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
2 + 1 cup water
2 cups ice cubes
1. In a small sauce pan, add 1 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar.Heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let it cool. Set aside.
2. Pour the above mixture in a blender and add lemon juice. Blend to mix well.
3. Add 1 cup water and 1 cup of ice cubes to the blender and blend well until smooth.
4. Add the remaining ice cubes and water and blend again until smooth. NOTE: If you prefer your lemonade to be less strong, add more water and ice, blend until smooth.
5. Transfer to a tall glass and serve immediately.