1 ( approx. 2 lbs) whole tilapia
***preferably fresh ( live), have the fishmonger clean it and remove the scales
1 scallion, julienned ( use only the green part)
1 - 2 inch ginger, julienned
salt to taste
handful of cilantro, stems removed
knorr liquid seasoning
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. rinse fish and then pat dry. Sprinkle salt on both sides.
2. Arrange fish in the steamer, lining it aluminum foil if you like.
3. Arrange half of the ginger and scallions on top and inside the cavity of the fish
4. Steam for about 20 minutes then remove from steamer and place on a platter.
5. Arrange the rest of the ginger, scallions and cilantro on top of the fish.
6. place oil in a pan and heat on high until it start to slightly smoke.
7. Spoon the oil over fish. Be careful not to burn yourself from splatters. The hot oil will welt the cilantro.
8. Add a few dash of knorr liquid seasoning and serve immediately.
***Note: this is a dish that my late husband used to cook for me all the time. Miss him so much when I made this dish on my own :(
*** this is a very simple but flavorful dish... the cilantro gives this dish a nice flavor and aroma.