Friday, May 7, 2010
Baked Tahong ( Baked Mussel)
2 lbs frozen tahong ( mussel) in half shell
1/2 cup butter, softened
4-6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano ( Parmesan cheese), grated
1/2 cup breadcrumbs ( plain )
1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Thaw mussel in the refrigerator then discard the juice.
2. 3. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Combine softened butter, garlic and parsley in a small bowl.
*** If you want, you can saute the garlic lightly before mixing it with butter and parsley
4. Brush butter-garlic mixture on each mussel, top with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
5. Arrange in a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
*** do not overcook because it will turn dry.
6. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.