Thursday, May 20, 2010
Kongnamul Booguh Gook (Soybean Sprout & Pollack Soup)
1 cup Booguh ( dried pollack)
2 cups kongnamul ( soybean sprouts)
1 Tbsp sesame oil
7 cups water
1 small onion, sliced
3 cloves galic, minced
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
2 scallions, sliced into 2 inch length
2 Tbsp ganjang ( korean soy sauce)
salt to taste
1. soak pollack in water for about 10-15 minutes . remove from water , set aside. save the water.
2. heat sesame oil in a pan and saute pollack for about a minute.
3. Add water ( used in soaking pollack) and bring to a boil.
4. Add onion, soybean sprouts and garlic. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for about 15- 20 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, green onion, jalapeno and salt to taste. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes then remove from heat and serve.