** my version of nilagang baka.
2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into big chunks
4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into same size as beef
4 or 5 pechay ( bokchoy)
1 small head of cabbage, quartered
1 medium onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp dashida ***
2 corn, cut into 2 inch
salt and pepper to taste
2 korean chili peppers or jalapeno pepper
1. Put beef in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes then drain and rinse in cold water to get rid of scum and blood.
2. Heat some oil in a clean pan. Saute onions and garlic until transparent then add beef and saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add water, dashida, fish sauceand simmer until beef is tender over medium to medium low heat.
4. Add corn , cook until tender. Add potatoes and continue to simmer until cooked.
5. Add cabbage the bokchoy and continue to simmer for 3-4 minutes until veggies are done. Do not overcook .
6. Add whole korean chili pepper then salt and pepper to taste.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
*** dashida is a granulated Korean beef stock. It is optional but for me, it makes the stock a lot richer.