Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Butternut Squash Soup
1 butternut squash ( about 2 lbs)
1 Tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
5 cups chicken broth
freshly ground nutmeg
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel and removed seeds from butternut squash. Cut into 1 inch chunks.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan and add onions. Cook until translucent.
3. Add butternut squash and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Cook until butternut squash is tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer butternut squash to a food processor or blender. Add about a ladle full of broth and puree. Add broth a little bit at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Transfer to a bowl and top with a dollop of sour cream, freshly grated nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper.
8. Serve with garlic bread.