Wednesday, December 15, 2010
1 butternut squash ( about 2 lbs)
1 Tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
5 cups chicken broth
freshly ground nutmeg
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel and removed seeds from butternut squash. Cut into 1 inch chunks.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan and add onions. Cook until translucent.
3. Add butternut squash and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Cook until butternut squash is tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer butternut squash to a food processor or blender. Add about a ladle full of broth and puree. Add broth a little bit at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Transfer to a bowl and top with a dollop of sour cream, freshly grated nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper.
8. Serve with garlic bread.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
2 cups shredded chicken breast
3/4 cup Mayonnaise ( you can add more if you want)
1 1/2 Tbsp Pickle Relish
1 to 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes, quartered
1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
1. Boil chicken breast until tender. Let it cool then shred thinly
2. Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar, grapes and almond to the chicken.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Served on lightly toasted bread or on top of crackers.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp lemon juice
a pinch of sugar
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
thinly sliced almonds
1. Slice Avocado thinly and then spread like a fan.
2. mix olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Make sure sugar and salt is dissolved well.
3. sprinkle almonds on top of avocado
4. spoon the dressing over avocado and almond